Audiology This course will discuss the anatomy and psychology of the ear. It will teach you about sound waves, sound measurement, speech production and perception, and speech localization. Moreover, it will explore the topic of acoustics and psychoacoustics and pure-tone audiometry. You’ll also learn about the various auditory disorders and determine the benefits of rehabilitation for hearing loss.
By the end of the course, you’ll have clear ideas on how to identify auditory disorders and provide treatment to meet patients’ goals.
Basic Diploma in Audiology
- UACE with at least 1 principal pass in either Biology or Chemistry and a subsidiary pass from the other.
- UCE with at least 5 passes in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English.
- A Certificate in any of these health related disciplines.
- Environmental Health Sciences
- Medical Laboratory Techniques.
Two (02) Years