Orthopaedic Technology program prepares individuals for employment in clinical and surgical settings assisting the orthopaedic team. Students will become proficient in plaster and synthetic casting techniques and applications, removing casts properly applying traction, detect deficiencies in the procedure and supplies, make indicated adjustments for casts, and assist the orthopaedic surgeon in the OR.
Basic Diploma in Orthopaedic Technology
- UACE with at least 1 principal pass in either Biology or Chemistry and a subsidiary pass from the other.
- UCE with at least 5 passes in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English.
- A Certificate in any of these health related disciplines.
- Environmental Health Sciences
- Medical Laboratory Techniques.
Three (03) Years