Medical Laboratory Technology is a branch of science that deals with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases using clinical laboratory tests. This involves analysis of the body fluids, including tissues and blood. Medical Laboratory Technologists perform most of their tasks such as the preparation of slides human tissues or other specimens, using laboratory equipment.
They also carry out tasks such as blood tests and blood typing. While studying this course, candidates are taught about diseases and the use of medical laboratory equipment in performing clinical tests.
Basic Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
- UACE with at least 1 principal pass in either Biology or Chemistry and a subsidiary pass from the other.
- UCE with at least 5 passes in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English.
- A Certificate in any of these health related disciplines.
- Environmental Health Sciences
- Medical Laboratory Techniques.
Three (03) Years