Anaesthesia is the study of use and effects of various kinds of anaesthetics to human beings. It imparts the basics of intensive trans-physio therapy, pharmacology and pharmacodynamics of inhaling anaesthetics, anaesthesia in traumatology and orthopaedics, paediatrics and neonatology, toxicology and the likes others. The Diploma course is offered by many institutes in the country due to its importance in medical fields. The course is career orienting in nature that opens various jobs in the health-care field.
Basic Diploma in Anaesthesia
- UACE with at least 1 principal pass in either Biology or Chemistry and a subsidiary pass from the other.
- UCE with at least 5 passes in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English.
- A Certificate in any of these health related disciplines.
- Environmental Health Sciences
- Medical Laboratory Techniques.
Two (02) Years